Windows 7 BETA is OUT!!!
Yes, you heard me right! Some of my friends who heard about me going for Windows 7 (Beta) press conference was like...
a) Uhhh... what what.. what's that? Windows Media 7? I thought it's already up till 10?
b) Windows 7 - Errr new media player is it?
c) Windows 7 - hmmm sounds nice!
Well - not everyone knows what's Windows 7 is all about, or more like what it's all REALLY about!!! So that's why i'm here today to go deep down into some of the cool things that Windows 7 has in store for you.
What is Windows 7 - It's a brand new operating software (OS) to replace Windows Vista. Yeeesss, some of you may not approve of Windows Vista. Some may say that it's slow (despite the minimum requirements were met to run the OS) and not compatible with some programs but hey... all of that will soon be rectified with the launch of the Windows 7. As for now, the beta version of Windows 7 is made available for DOWNLOAD online at Microsoft's website.
Long long time ago... there was Windows NT, 95, 98, ME... a few other versions and updates then there was Windows XP which stayed there for a while till Windows Vista came out! But then again Win XP is the one that TRULY stayed up in the market for the longest amount of time. But hey, who knows... Windows 7 may just take the same steps like how Windows XP did once upon a time ago.
If you're concerned about Windows 7... well here's what Microsoft has to say about the new OS:
* It works the way consumers wants it to!
* Makes everyday tasks faster and easier and offers better entertainment experience.
All in all i believe the keyword here is that "IT WORKS"!
Yep...being a brand new OS that should be launching in the first quarter of 2010. The OS should get rid of the problems that current Vista users are experiencing, even myself as a Vista Home Premium user - i love my VISTA but it's just a tad bit slow! But hey, let's try out Windows 7 shall we!
Anyway, on a more serious note!
Those who wants to test-drive the beta (Windows 7) can start downloading it now at http://www.microsoft.com/windows7.
Below are the screenshots from Windows 7 (Beta)...
Windows 7 Consumer Features Showcased:
Microsoft demonstrated new features and key improvement in Windows 7 based on listening to the needs of customers. Windows 7 is designed to do the following:
• Work the way consumers want. With Windows 7, Microsoft paid special attention to performance, reliability, security, compatibility and battery life. The company is on track to deliver a great experience that will allow customers to spend more time doing the things they want to do, without the operating system getting in the way.
• Make everyday tasks faster and easier. The more streamlined and intuitive design of Windows 7 is intended to simplify the things people do every day on their PCs. Desktop improvements make using the PC easier and provide immediate access to the applications and files people use most often through features such as Jumplists, Previews and the new Taskbar. The new Home Group feature makes it easier for consumers to connect multiple home PCs together to share printers and access files, music, photos and videos. Device Stage makes connecting and working with devices easier than ever with a single interface to manage devices and run common tasks. New multitouch technology in Windows 7 will enable people with touch-screen monitors to use multiple fingers to interact with their PC screens in a more intuitive way.
• Offer a better entertainment experience. Consumers today have access to more digital media and are increasingly using the PC as the hub of their electronic experiences. The “Play-to” feature in Windows 7 allows easier streaming of music, video and photos to devices in a home network. Windows Media Player and Windows Media Center in Windows 7 have built-in support for more media formats so people can use their PC to play more media content and sync it to a broader range of devices. As an alternative to monthly digital video recording (DVR) fees, Windows Media Center, available in some editions of Windows 7, with a TV tuner and improved user interface, makes recording TV free and easy.